Ten Reasons Why Gay Marriage Is Wrong
- Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always
reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester and
- Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in
the same way that hanging around tall people will make
- Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all
kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to
marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and
can sign a marriage contract.
- Straight marriage has been around a long time and
hasn't changed at all; women are still property,
blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still
- Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay
marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Brittany
Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be
- Straight marriages are valid because they produce
children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old
people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our
orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more
- Obviously gay parents will raise gay children,
since straight parents only raise straight children.
- Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a
theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are
imposed on the entire country. That's why we have
only one religion in America.
- Children can never succeed without a male and a
female role model at home. That's why we as a society
expressly forbid single parents to raise children.
- Gay marriage will change the foundation of
society; we could never adapt to new social norms.
Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the
service-sector economy, or longer life spans.